If you have ever wanted to go on a Disney cruise, you've probably looked at the prices and decided not to go, because Disney cruises can be pricey. (I'm not sure anything Disney does is cheap, but you can be sure, they usually do it RIGHT!)
Well, here's your chance to go on a Disney cruise at the lowest price per day that you'll find for awhile. The Disney Wonder leaves from San Diego on May 17 and arrives in Vancouver, British Columbia on May 22. In between these ports, you'll have three days at sea and one day in San Francisco. All for about $1000 per person. See this page (showing prices for 2 people in a stateroom) for more basic information (and to compare the cost with other similar length Disney cruises. For example, the 5-day Baja cruise to Mexico is $400 more per person).
Now, before you dimiss the idea of a Disney cruise to Vancouver, consider several things.
1. The ship is beautiful (and just got back from being refurbished). The Disney Wonder has just returned (in October 2016) from a 3-month dry-dock in Spain, where all sorts of big improvements were completed. The Disney Cruise Line blog says that the ship was "reimagined." Take a look at these photos published in a USA today article. The ship is mostly Art Deco, and the Adults-only areas have received some serious refurbishments.
2. It's all you can eat. Now before you think "Oh, no. Not another Vegas-style buffet," just remember that all the food is included (with a few exceptions). If you want two appetizers, just order them. Or two desserts, then go crazy. Almost every place you can get food on this ship is included in the price of the cruise. Even room service is included, if you decide you'd rather watch Disney movies all day and not leave your stateroom.
3. You can bring your own wine. Each adult can bring one bottle of wine on the ship. You won't be able to drink it in the public areas, but you can bring it with you to dinner in the main dining rooms only. The ship will charge a $25 corking fee per bottle.
4. Adults-only areas. The Quiet Cove pool is reserved for passengers 18 years and older. There's also an adults-only bar and coffee shop next to this pool. And a special Adults-only Italian restaurant that I've read is AWESOME in many websites and blogs.
5. The deck chairs. All of the deck chairs are teak with comfy cushions.
6. Fitness. With all that food, you might feel the need to burn off some of it. The Wonder has a full gym, various fitness classes, and, of course you can always do laps around the deck. And take the stairs to the buffet instead of the elevator.
Of course, there's more. This video provides a lot of good information about the ship (it's beautiful!), dining, activities and other features adults would enjoy.